Monday, June 26, 2017

NEW!! Q & As About Transition to 121 Benefits

Q: What is the debit card?
A: The debit card is a VISA card that has been pre-loaded with your annual contribution amount toward your FSA. The card provides the ease and convenience of not having to pay expenses out-of-pocket and seek reimbursement manually by submitting a claim form.

Q: Which accounts can I use the debit card for?
A: The debit card can be used for FSA expenses only and is not available for use for the HRA or Dependent Care plans.

Q: Can I use my debit card to pay expenses for daycare?
A: No, the debit card is not configured to work for daycare charges.

Q: I enrolled in an FSA account, and I receive HRA dollars from Heartland AEA. How will it work when I use my debit card for expenses?
A: 121 Benefits has set up Heartland AEA’s benefits plans so that if you have both an FSA and an HRA, any claims will first be deducted from the FSA in order to use up the account balance first, then any remaining claims will be deducted from the HRA. However, if you use the debit card for an expense that is larger than the balance remaining in your FSA, the card will decline unless you advise the merchant to swipe it for the amount remaining in the account. Then, pay the remainder with another method of payment and file a claim with 121 Benefits for reimbursement from your HRA.

Q: If I have only enrolled in Dependent Care or only receive dollars in my HRA, will I receive a set of debit cards?
A: No, you will only receive debit cards if you have enrolled in FSA.

Q: What if I do not use the debit card? What is the timing of claims and reimbursement when I file a claim online, through the app or on paper?
A: When you file a claim online, through the app or via hard copy, your claim is processed by a customer service representative. If 121 Benefits receives your completed claim before noon on Friday, you will receive reimbursement for that claim via check or direct deposit (your choice) on the following Friday.

Q: If I choose check as my payment method, when can I expect my check to arrive?
A: Checks are mailed out on Wednesday or Thursday, meaning you should receive your reimbursement check on Friday. 

Q: How about direct deposit?
A: Direct deposit for reimbursements post to your account mid to late morning on Fridays.

Q: How do I check to see if my claim has been approved and will be paid?
A: You can manage your account by logging in, signing up for text alerts, contacting customer service at 1-800-300-1672, etc. Check out the Consumer Portal Quickstart Guide available to you under the forms tab once you log in. It is a handy tool that shows how to file claims, enter bank information and many other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment