Monday, August 3, 2009

Message from the Interim Chief Administrator

Welcome back and happy new school year!

I’ve always been a pushover for back-to-school shopping deals. I love the feel of new pens and pencils, the look of a fresh notebook and the excitement of a new book bag, and I especially love the appeal of the latest organizational gadget I know is going to revolutionize my life. There is something about the school shopping tradition that helps me get excited and feel prepared for the new year.

Since that time of year is here again, I hope you’ve had a chance to engage in your own “new year” traditions, and I hope you’re just as excited as I am about a great start for the 2009-10 year. The August orientation/professional learning activities are just one of the great traditions we have at Heartland to get you ready for the year. Many of our colleagues have been working hard this summer to develop materials and make the meetings informational and interactive. I suspect the meeting planners and your supervisors have even planned in some fun activities, which are always welcome as you approach several days of meetings and the adjustment to the new year schedule.


I am looking forward to the new school year and to working with you, as well as working on behalf of the Agency and those we serve. I believe in our mission, our core values, our focus on student achievement and cultural competence and our ability to make a difference for those we serve. The future is shiny and new, like those new school supplies I enjoy so much, and we have nothing but opportunity ahead. I know each of us will make the most of those opportunities, and the children and youth, families, schools and communities we serve will be all the better for it. It is going to be a great year! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment