Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Message From the Interim Chief Administrator

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

As this year comes to a close, I want to express my deep appreciation to each of you for all your accomplishments, hard work and dedication this year. When I was asked to serve the Agency as your interim chief administrator, I knew we had a big year ahead of us, and I am very proud of our collective results. Here are just a few successes that come to mind:
• You took on changes in Child Find and kept your focus on positive outcomes for children.
• You helped us create a “culture of austerity” in the Agency, helping us address a 10% across the board cut in state funds.
• You significantly improved our outcomes for Part C indicators, including timely assessment (45-day timeline), transition from Early ACCESS, Transition from Part C to Part B, Child Find identification rate and services in natural environments.
• You provided high quality professional development and supports to teachers and administrators.
• You improved our ability to use technology and support its use to improve teaching and learning.
• You supported the Agency’s accreditation site visit process.
• You made sure our children and youth, families and schools had instructional materials.
• You helped the Agency maintain and improve our facilities.
• You played a role in launching a redesigned agency website.
• You made sure our internal processes and procedures ran smoothly.
• You made the most of every opportunity you had in your individual role to support our mission, and the children and youth, families, schools and communities we serve are all better for it!

As you know, Dr. Paula Vincent, our new chief administrator, will be joining us on July 1, and I will return to my former role in the Agency. I look forward to working with Dr. Vincent and supporting her transition into the chief role. We have already had a few chances to talk and work together, and I know she will bring a lot to our agency and to our work. I also look forward to continuing my work with each of you, as well as working on behalf of those we all serve.

This is an amazing agency full of talented people, and it has been an honor to serve as your chief administrator this year. Your support of me and of our work means more than I can say. Thanks again, and enjoy some time to relax and recharge this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment