Monday, March 23, 2015

Buck Issues Statement About Becoming Next Cedar Rapids Superintendent

Last Wednesday, Iowa Department of Education Director Brad Buck released the following statement on being named the next superintendent of the Cedar Rapids Community School District: 

“As a native of Cedar Rapids and a proud graduate of Jefferson High School, I’m thrilled to return to my hometown in this role. It’s clear to me that this is a school district that is committed to innovation and a vision of ‘Excellence for All,’ and I stand ready to be an integral part of delivering on that vision. At the same time, I’m very grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to serve as the director of the Iowa Department of Education, where I’ve worked among passionate, hard-working servants and leaders who have Iowa students’ best interests in their minds and hearts. The Department’s leadership has been essential as Iowa works to implement several ground-breaking initiatives, including the most comprehensive teacher leadership system in the nation and an effort to ensure all Iowa students read well by the end of third grade. These are long-term commitments that are larger than the leadership of one individual. I’m also deeply grateful to Gov. Branstad and members of his staff, to past and present members of the State Board of Education, and to educators across the state. Iowa is focused on the right work to improve instruction and raise student achievement.”

No comments:

Post a Comment